Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Almost Magical

Monday was one of those days I was anticipating. The pool was back up. Not only that, but I was planning on getting up a little early and doing a short run. So I had my sights on three workouts for the day: a run, a swim, and weights at Plate City.

I rolled out of bed like I always don't want to, put my clothes on, and made it out the door. The dark enveloped me like a glove. I started my Garmin and my old man shuffle at the same time. The Garmin worked flawlessly. My legs, not so much. I was slow and awkward, but I delighted in the darkness, the solitude, the early birds singing, announcing a new day given by God. I did a paltry 1.4 miles but felt like a champ as I went inside to get my bath, breakfast, and prepare for the work day.

After work, I changed clothes, got my swim bag, and went with eagerness to the pool. Once there, I waded in and began stretching until I saw Robert and Watson come in bearing big boxed of chemicals. 

"Are y'all going to kill me?" I asked.

"We will if you don't get out."

"Really?"

"Really. You have to get out."

So three workouts for one day was now only a failed plan. But that gave me time to go home and hang out with CC. Then Trevor showed up for bench day. On the flat bench, I pushed

20 X 45
15 X 95
10 X 115
8 X 140
5 X 150
5 X 150
5 X 150

On the incline, I pushed

13 X 95
10 X 105
8 X 115
6 X 120

For the Swim Pull, I did 

30 X 28
20 X 31.6
15 X 36.6
12 X 39.6
12 X 41.1
10 X 42.6

I also did some squats. Certainly I am too prideful to reveal the numbers on that. Suffice to say that I am getting stronger in the legs which are a physical deficiency of mine.

So it was still a good training day. Not the three-headed monster I yearned for, but there is still time for that in the future, Lord willing. 

Thank you, Jesus, for the lovely morning on the road and the solid day of training. 

No comments:

Post a Comment