Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Pondering

I just walked to the front door of the Greenwood Center. I stepped outside. It is warm. I like the warm, 71 degrees and overcast skies. The only problem with this weather is the mosquitoes. Monday, Trevor and I were swarmed with the pests at Plate City. Once, I looked down and there were eight of them in one little area of my leg. 

This warmth has me thinking about the fish ponds. I bet the water is in the 60s. I used to love that temperature while wearing a wetsuit and swimming as long as I wanted. It's a little uncomfortable starting, but you adjust and feel ggod as the cool water filters in. With the hot indoor pool, however, I have become habituated to warm water. Last night at DSU, the 80 degrees of their pool felt icy. Really, I suffered and could not stay at the wall anytime without getting very cold very quickly.  

Friday would be a day for the pond except the high is supposed to be 43 that day. So I guess this will remain a low number swim week. I probably need that, and I am trying to approach it that way. 

Another temptation I am experiencing is to go out on foot for a long way. I have tried to keep the shuffling down to a couple of days per week because I am weary of my body, particularly my knee, breaking down and me having to start over and over with the running. Maybe I will go out today for a long walk while refraining from running. I am not good at that, at refraining. Or maybe I will get on one of my bicycles and ride. I need two workouts per day to lose weight and without the pool, I am down to one. With the tiny shuffle and a swim last night, the scale looked better this morning. Now that I have some momentum, I need to keep it going. 

I certainly will hit the weights hard tonight and will continue to try to figure out how to re-balance my body and regain my stroke. Help me Lord. I need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment