Saturday, February 9, 2019

Friday and Saturday

Friday was different this week. With no pool to go to, I went to the pastors' breakfast in Carrollton for the first time in several weeks. It was, as usual, an enjoyable morning of good food, good conversation, and good fellowship. Afterwards I went home and contacted someone on Facebook who had some weights for sale. We agreed to meet in Yazoo City.

At 2:30, I pulled into a parking lot and called the seller. Although we had not set up a specific meeting place, he was in the same parking lot, a mere few feet away when I called. One look at the weights in the back of his truck led me to say, "Let's load them." We transferred the weights to my truck, I handed him some cash, and the deal was done, over, and I was back on the road.

I had a strong temptation to contact Trevor, but I thought better of it, thought it would be nice to see the expression on his face when he came over to work out. This was 190 pounds of Rogue bumper plates, top of the line stuff.

Back home, I tossed the new plates over the fence with pride and excitement. He's going to like this, I thought. I like this. New weights always make me want to lift. I lifted alone, but I knew Trevor would be there Saturday. Friday I hit the bench hard for 

25 X 45
13 X 95
10 X 115
8 X 125
6 X 130

I also did some inclines, some Swim Pulls, and some Lat Pulldowns.

Saturday, I hit a little bit of everything. When Trevor came up, he saw my truck with the blocks in the back for laying out more workout space. The look on his face when he saw the new plates was priceless. We laid the new blocks and set up a new deadlift station on the blocks and out of the grass. Plate City Gym is the bomb. In the picture below, you can see some of the new plates, the black ones. Trevor deadlifted and so did I. The weather was warmer, and our moods were high. Thank you, Jesus.


The new deadlift station at the
bottom of the photo.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment