Sunday, February 10, 2019

Sunday Slumbering

It is Sunday afternoon, and I am in bed napping while CC is doing the same thing on my lap. She is such a sweet baby, and intuitive. When I want up to use the bathroom or whatever, she gets up on her own, jumps over onto the dresser, and waits for me to go to do my business, get something to drink, and anything else I need to do. I get back in the bed and she jumps off the dresser, onto the bed, and crawls back onto my lap.

She is the only cat I have ever had that would come back. Usually, if you get up, the cat is offended and then sulks off for the rest of the day. Not CC. She is an amazing animal, and she always wants to hang out with me. I love that.

On the way to church this morning, we saw a squirrel, some crows, and lots of trees. No deer, however. Isn't it amazing how we never get tired of seeing deer. I don't, and I assume other people are the same way.

I preached on Matthew 5: 13 - 20. It was a strong message. Then we retired to the fellowship hall for a meal and to enjoy one another's company. It was a really nice time as it always is when we get together. Junior won the eating contest. This was his first victory. He has been close a number of times, but he beat us all soundly, and I was happy for him. We had soup and sandwiches. I tried to be temperate but I didn't totally succeed. But never give up. Keep fighting the fight.

While I am lounging, having finished a long nap, I am contemplating getting up in the morning for a shuffle. I have been shuffling twice per week, three times last week because the pool was closed and everything changed. Since I am squatting four times per week, I think I need to shuffle a little more but not too much. Monday is about the only day I could reasonably expect to get up because I am not a morning person, but I'm more rested then than any other day of the week. Thus, I will try to take a shot at it and get up in the morning for a short shuffle. I'll let you know if I pull it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment