Monday, November 21, 2022

11/14 - 11/20

Last week I was kicking butt and taking names. One of the names I tried to take was Randy Beets. But he was not to be found. Monday, I started the week off right with a trip to the pool before work. I only swam 600 yards, but I was there. Later, I shuffled 2.12 miles, and lifted weights at the City.

Tuesday morning I was back in the pool, this time for 650 yards. On the road, I did 4.05 miles, and at the gym I followed up Monday's push with Tuesday's pull.

Wednesday, I swam 850 yards, ran 4.09 miles, and did my leg thrashing workout at Plate City Gym.

I didn't slow much Thursday. At the pool, I hit a full 1,000 yards. On the road, I squeaked out 2.1 miles, and was back in the gym for another round of pushing.

It was all about an short adventure run Friday as I went out Medart Road Viking Road and did some exploring on foot. I grew weary and stopped after 9.39 miles. I did force myself out the door for more lifting at the gym.

Saturday, I lounged long, drank all the coffee my sweet wife brewed, and ran short. I only did 1.91 miles. Then at the gym, it was light legs and heavy deadlifts. I set a PR at 290 pounds on the trapbar deadlift. That is 290 pounds over Randy Beets' PR.

For the week, I

swam 3,837 meters,
Skiergged 17:35 minutes,
lifted weights six times, and
ran 23.63 miles

That is decent training. I intentionally cut back on the running to freshen some for this week. I hope to break my one week mileage record for the year by busting out a 40 miler. I need those kind of miles to do the marathon and the 50 miler. Now if weather and my legs permit, I am about to kick this week off with some hill running. I'll tell you about it tomorrow. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment