Monday, November 14, 2022

11/7 - 11/13

Last week might have been a mixed bag, but at least some of the mix was good. I didn't swim much because my JSS returned. I didn't lift much because life happened. I did, however, set a weekly running mileage record for 2022. So there's that. It unfolded like this.

Monday I slept late but ran long. After work, I hit the road for 8.83 miles. That's all I did but that was a good start for the roadwork. 

Tuesday I hit the gym and the road. In the gym, I did both push and pull. On the road, I opted for an easy 2.4 miles to let the legs recover from Monday's massacre.

Wednesday I continued the pattern of not swimming in the morning, but doing something after work. This time I hit another decent run at 5.26 miles then did some light leg work at the City.

I met Tyler at the pool Thursday morning. This was my first swim of the week. He trainined hard. I did an easy 550 yards broken up into little bitty repeats. That was better than getting blown up by a hand grenade. Also, I went out for 3.58 miles on the road.

Penny and I made a shopping run Friday. I only did 1.48 miles in parking lots and behind stores, but that also was better than sitting on a rusty nail.

Saturday, I slept in and studied for Sunday. After lunch, I hit the road for a long one, the longest one I have done this year. I shuffled for 16.23 miles. Yeah, that was a marathon-worthy run. Only another ten miles and I am there.

For the week, I

swam 502 meters,
lifted weights two times, and
ran 38.08 miles

At least the running numbers were good. I acheived a good total for the week and a real long run, my longest of the year. That is marathon training, not training to get to marathon training, which is mostly what I have been doing lately. I do plan to drop the running numbers this week, however, to freshen a bit for my week off. Next week, I am off work, and I hope to smash some really big stuff. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment