Thursday, November 10, 2022

Finish It

I still didn't swim, but I 

     a) drank a lot of coffee

     b) hung out with cats

     c) ran

     d) lifted weights

The answer is e) all of the above. But you already knew that didn't you. I had a major obstacle in the afternoon. Pee Wee had a vet appointment at 2:40, which meant I didn't get home until about 4:00 o'clock. Thus, no nap. All the cat petting happened early in the morning and late at night. The coffee drinking happened primarily at work. I think I drank a quart and a half. Small stuff for me.

I ran shuffled 5.26 miles to get a pretty good week started. Three days in and I am at 16 miles. Then I rested some and went to Plate City. At the City, I did legs but not heavy like before. Since I maxed last Monday, I am beginning a rebuild. I cut both volume and intensity going all the way down to three sets of squats, one of which was a pure warmup. Anyway, I am going to focus more on reps during this buildup.

I hit the speed bag a little and stretched some. Then it was nutrition and cat time. What else is new? I'll tell you what is new. There is new evidence to the efficacy of whey protein. I let CC lick the top of my protein shake every night. Since I have started doing that, her coat has filled out, she has gained weight, and the shine of her fur is magnificant. That is anecdotal evidence, but anecdotal evidence is evidence. Also, I think I also have gotten better looking since I started whey protein. Ask my wife, I believe she will back me on that.

So, the week is going well. Maybe I can keep it one track. That's the plan, but you know what they say about plans. What do they say about plans? It's something like "the best laid plans of mice and men," but I can't finish it. Can you finish it? If you can, leave it in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment