Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Get after It

I do what I can on Mondays and this one was no exception. I did not go to the pool because my JSS has returned. It happend when I bench pressed two days in a row last week. That was the first time I had ever done that. Although I did not go heavy either day, my shoulder reacted like I had just finished a twenty-mile swim. Now I know: don't do that again.

Yes, I worked late. When I got home, I had one goal in mind: get out the door and get after it. I was running by 4:30. Now that the time has changed, things are different. I zigged around town and then crossed the bridge when the sun had gone down but it was still light. I went out Wade Road until it got dark, and then I turned back. This gave me an opportunity to pee several times out of town. At my age, that is a major concern anytime I run. I wanted it to be dark when I crossed back over the bridge into town because I have one place in town where I can pee. No, I will not tell you where. That, like my squat numbers, is classified information.

So, I got a good run in. It was coolish, and I always enjoy running in the dark. It gives you a sense of annonymity that I relish. As slow as I am now, I like being able to run without being seen. I went 8.83 miles in just a tad over two hours. No, I did not even think about going to the gym. The long work and the long[ish] run was enough. Now I have a good start on the week. I hope to bust out some big training miles. In the words of Bruce Buffer: It's tiiiiiiiime!!! To run a marathon and a fifty-miler both within one month will require much more endurance than I have now and there is only one way to get that: get out there and get after it. Thank you, Jesus, for good goals and good health to pursue them.

No comments:

Post a Comment