Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Short Post, Long Run

I blew it out Tuesday. I'm bad like that. First, I went to the pool and swam 600 yards. Are you following the trajectory? I did it by 100s. Then I went to school and worked, taught, or at least I tried.

Much later, I slipped away and drove to Carroll County where I parked at the church, our church, and took off on a semi-adventure. I say semi because I ran one of my old routes only I started and stopped at a different place. Thus, I did not know how far I was going. I was trying to calculate it in my head while I shuffled, but I don't think that well when all my blood and oxygen is going to the brain. When it has to shift to the legs, my IQ drops about 120 points. It wound up being 11.6 miles with 574 feet of climbing.

Back home, I did not even attempt to go to the City. Besides being tired, I was dirty and in need of preparing for class the next day. Thus, I took a shower, and studied, and when my brain wore out, watched some TV. 

Yeah, I have to do a lot of that. So, this is a short post about a long run. I love the irony. Maybe tomorrow I will get more workouts in. But for yesterday, that was enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment