Thursday, November 17, 2022

All Three of Them

Yeah, I got up again, went to the pool, and did some weenie swimming. But weenie swimming is better than no swimming. I amassed 850 yards total with a 350 straight in there. Believe it or not, that is my longest swim since . . .  maybe since early October or even September. It's not worth checking up on.

After work, I took a nap. The fatigue of the semester is starting to get to me, not to mention my training. I am so looking forward to getting off next week. Yes, I will train hard, but I also plan to nap hard. After the nap, I took a little stroll through the neighborhood. I did 4.09 miles, and my pace was quicker than normal. I am becoming fit or was it just the cold weather giving me a boost?

Simon was supposed to come by and help me get the new heavy bag up. When he didn't show, I went across the street and enlisted the help of a neighbor. With another set of hands, it was a snap. So now with the speed bag and the new heavy bag, I am thinking of turning pro. I always wanted to box. Don't tell me I'm too old because I will always reject that excuse except when it is convenient for me. On second thought, maybe I am too old to be a professional boxer. 

After the bag was hung, I did legs. Since my last max out on the squat, I have cut both the volume and intensity on leg night. Still, I got some work in, doing three sets of squats along with some leg extensions and leg curls. I did three workouts three days in a row. Plus, I had fun with both the speed bag and the heavy bag. Plate City is the place to be. Thank you, Jesus, for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment