Saturday, June 26, 2021

Four in a Row for John

Thursday was a big day. It started with a swim. Yes, John was late by forty-two minutes. Here is John's record for the week:

   Monday - 1:25

   Tuesday - :25

   Wednesday - 2:05

   Thursday - :42

If my math is correct, that is a total of four hours and thirty-seven minutes late over four days. Being an adult is being on time. This is why I stay so aggravated at John all the time. I have told him over and over to talk to his daughter about his funeral. "If you are not late, I am not preaching." I mean that.

At the pool, I swam

   2,000 45:52

   400 for time 7:20

   200 medium paddles 4:12

   brick kick (second slide)

   1,000 countdown 20:11

   8 X 100 @2:30 large paddles

   total: 4,400 long course meters.

I only ran 1.7 miles when I got home. I don't know what is wrong with me, but I just have not been feeling the run. Maybe I am putting too much energy into the water, but that is my priority right now.

At Plate City, I hung out with Pee Wee and mowed the front lawn. Then I began to get ready for my trip to Louisiana. Huh? Tomorrow. I'll tell you about that tomorrow.

We had an Association fellowship meeting in Winona, that is the Carmont Association. Carmont is an amalgam of Carroll and Montgomery, the two counties in our association. I love these. COVID knocked them out for a year. Now they are back. We ate, visited, and listened to Wesley Davis, formerly of the Wrong Way Quartet, sing. When I asked him if he used to be with the Wrong Way Quartet, he quickly corrected me. "One Way Quartet," he said. 

So we got home from the fellowship meeting, and I went to gas up my truck. Then I finished getting my stuff together. I would leave early in the morning. 

Thank you, Jesus, for a good and productive day.

No comments:

Post a Comment