Wednesday, June 2, 2021

The Sign Read: No Swimming

I ran easily on the Yazoo River Trail for a tad over three miles to get the day started. When I went to the pool, however, there was a note taped to the door that read, No Swimming, Chemicals.

 What!?!?!?!?

I guess I should stop breaking things. Whenever I determine to have a big swim week, something happens, something breaks, and the pool closes. With two pools you would think I could swim one of them. But the big pool was full of kids. Yes, I could go in after hours, but that is gym time.

Sigh

So I went home and hit the weights like I was mad at them. I was. I have begun to differentiate between my two lifting days for each movement pattern. On the chest-supported row, I jumped the second set by twenty-five pounds. The plan is to go heavy one day and light the next. Concurrent periodization is the fancy term. Also, I am doing chins one night and pullups the other pull night. I have added the Swim Pull back in to increase both sports specific strength as well as anaerobic fitness in my swimming muscles.

The day only had two workouts. I am much happier when it has three. But that is life. You don't always get what you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment