Thursday, June 24, 2021

Making an Entrance

John was two hours and five minutes late yesterday. And he made an entrance. By entrance I mean he yelled out, "Hey!" I was on the wall for something. I immediately started back swimming.

In the past, my son has suggested that John is a literary device. Recently my daughter has suggested the same thing. Likewise has my long-time friend Charlie Turner. So for you people who wonder if John is even real, here is a pic.

The old geezer, John, on the bus at the
University of Alabama.

By the way, I am probably the most easy going, tolerant teacher who ever stood behind a lectern at a high school, university, or junior college. But I throw students out of class for doing what John does ever time we swim. You do not come in late and make an entrance. John and I are destined to have a talk.

I swam

  1,800 41:52

  350 for time 6:39

  150 easy 3:24

  brick kick

  700 countdown 14:17

  100 small paddles

  11 X 100 @ 2:25 with large and medium paddles

  100 easy

  total: 4,300 meters.

I left John in the pool. He was trying to chat up the ladies water aerobics. Back home I went out for a real short shuffle, 1.33 miles. My legs were tired. Brick kick? In case you are wondering how that works in a long course pool, I'll give you an answer: not very well. I made it to a ladder less than half way. I will try again today.

I mowed grass on Monroe. The neighbors are still harassing us over there. I will spare the details. I did not even get angry, but it has the potential of a big blowup.

After that, I loaded an exercise machine into my truck and headed to Lexington. I was making a sell of something I somehow purchased two of. While there, I bought a watermelon and then headed home. At the gym, I did light legs and then went in for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment