Friday, June 18, 2021

Taking it Easy

It's Friday morning, and I just woke up. My wife is off work and our daughter and granddaughter are coming this way around 9:00 or 9:30. We are going to Jackson. On the way, we will drop the last of the diabetes money off at the DFM office in Ridgeland. It has been a good fundraising year.

I did not blog yesterday because I had to work, had to be in Moorhead at 8:30 a.m. We had an interview committee to hire not one but two English teachers. I do not like this necessary and important business. I do not like to sit in judgement of someone else, and I do not like being part of breaking someone's heart. I have received that letter. I know how it hurts. Yes, I know, it's life. But that does not mean I have to like it.

Wednesday I swam 4,650 in the little pool. It went like this: 

  2,000 40:35

  800 for time 13:15

then a bunch of other stuff. 

Thursday I gave into my want to and swam

  2,100 40:02

  900 for time 14:31

(see what I did there?) then a bunch of other stuff for a total of 4,450 yards. 

I did not run. I did lift. My plans were to swim this morning. I woke up and knew that I needed rest more than I needed a swim. So I peck at the computer. I wait on the coffee. I wait on the girls. It will be a good day. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment