Sunday, June 13, 2021

Strong Week

Friday I finished my 20,000 meter goal in the water. Saturday I finished my 20-mile goal on the road. That gave me my first 20/20 week of the year, that is a 20,000 meter swim week plus a 20-mile run week. This has long been the gold standard of my endurance training. It is not easy to achieve, but worth the effort in terms of fitness advancement it offers.

I went out about noon. It was hot, but I shuffled for 3.12 miles. I was soaked with sweat when I finished. After that, I mowed the lawn and soaked another shirt  . Then I went to Plate City and lifted big. On the New T-Bar, I pulled

20 X 35

12 X 60

10 X 65

  9 X 70

  8 X 75

Also, I did two sets of light squats (laziness), some lateral raises (yes, two days in a row), some Swim Pulls, and high rack pulls. On the HRP, I lifted

10 X 185

  4 X 235

  3 X 255

  1 X 260

  1 X 265

That topped off a solid week of training. I feel like my swim fitness went up. Finally, I am doing the work I need to do to get faster. I plan to continue. Thank you, Jesus, for goals and opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment