Friday, June 11, 2021

Solid Two

My prioritization of the swim continued Thursday in the little pool. After Wednesday's freezeout in the big pool, I would not dare try it again after a day of rain and no sunshine. Our street flooded as did much of town. When I crossed the Boulevard on the way to Twin Rivers, the water must have been a foot deep. When I got there at 10:00, the parking lot was empty and the lights were off in the pool house. That means that due to the inclimate weather, the ladies aerobics did not meet. Shucks, I wish I had known. Next time I will guess. I swam

1,850 36:57

750 for time 12:37 (1:40)

300 large paddles 5:31

5 X 100 @ 1:53

300 large paddles 5:27

300 25/25 free/back 6:23

4 X 50 @ 1:30

300 easy

total: 4,500 yards = 4,113 meters.

Notice, I finally did some 50s, some real ones. The things I need to do the most for some reason are the last things I do. That needs to be a priority and I should do some quality ones every. single. practice. I have done a few with paddles lately but no real 50s until today. Why am I like this? Well, maybe I am on track now. Anyway, I kept up my 4,000 meter average. Now I am still on pace for a 20,000-meter week.

I needed a big run. With Monday out and both Tuesday and Wednesday short, to have any chance for a twenty-mile week meant I needed some real miles. As I shuffled along mid-afternoon, I kept doing the math in my head. I needed eight and a half. Nine would be better. Heck, ten, maybe eleven. I settled on eleven, but my legs did not like it. I have not done many miles since Great Geezer. I felt so bad that I stopped at 10.39 and walked the rest of the way in.

That was it. When I got inside I was done. I had been thinking about doing some Swim Pulls, some lateral raises, and some punching. Pee Wee was hanging out at Plate City looking towards the house. I hated to disappoint him, but I did. I took some nutrition, showered, and put on my night night clothes. Then I settled in for some YouTube videos. I watched the rest of the Big Lenny Show and some other stuff. It was a good day. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment