Sunday, April 3, 2016

Chicot Verses 4

We just rode by Twin Rivers after we ate lunch, my wife and I. They are pumping up the pool. Thank God. My woes have been so many that I began to question if God wanted my to continue this. I want to do it, but maybe God is saying, "No more."

Recently, however, I have had some rays of light. The Twin Rivers pool soon to come on line, the catfish ponds becoming swimable, the newly acquired sponsorship, are a few. From my point of view, none of this happened  a moment too soon. Of late I have been pondering Romans 8:28:

     And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those        who love Gad, to those who are called according to His purpose. (NASB)

If God has called me and if God does want me to do this swim, then all my problems may be problems only in my own mind. Could it be that God is holding me back from over training too early in the process? Unlike running, my swim endurance comes up quickly. I can literally do one hard practice and be in better condition two days later, sometimes one day later. Really. Maybe I should just relax and realize my all-day swim endurance is built in April and May, and without some hold back, I just might train myself into the ground, burn myself out, injure myself. Maybe. At any rate, I believe what the Bible says here and I should continue to believe God has called me to this task until I fail to pull it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment