Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Torrid Tuesday

I ran before I ate lunch to make sure I at least got that much done. Seven plus miles with two solid miles of sub 5K race pace scattered in made for what should be a nice 5K/10K training effect. I will find out soon when we have our school run which for some unknown, unfathomable, unguessable reason Chief Manuel will not let us know when it is going to be. 

I drove to Skene where I saw my grandchildren, hung out with Smu, and fell asleep on the couch. Then I drove to DSU without the usual pressure to get every meter possible. I had a pretty good swim Monday and beside that the ponds are getting right, Twin Rivers is pumped up, the the possibilities seem endless. The total for me was

1,100 warm up

Set one
50
100
150
200  
150
100
50 all these with small paddles and rest :20

Set two
12 X 50 @ 1:30 as three sets of four holding pace in each set and declined sets 1-3. I averaged :49 for the first set. :47 for the second set; and :43 for the third set (I did two at :42).

1,100 cool down

total: 3,600 meters.

I am at the very moment trying to determine what I am going to do this afternoon. Pond or pool. If the pool were warm enough, I would certainly hit it. I may do so anyway just to see how long I can last. I can wear a wet suit in the pool, but for some reason I don't understand, I rather not. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment