Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Chicot Verses 7

The latest Chicot passage is Isaiah 40:28 -31.


28 Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding.
29 He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.

30 Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall:
3But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.


I confess to taking this one out of context a bit. It refers to the people of God struggling in life and God giving them the strength they need to make it. They shall fly, they shall run, they shall walk. "Walk" is a constant figure of our life with God, a life of belief and faith. The condition for getting this renewed strength is waiting upon the LORD.

Although this is a spiritual passage about a spiritual walk, I do believe it has application to my preparation for the big swim. I have to do some waiting. All two of you regular readers know how I get a little doubtful, fitful, frustrated in late February, all of March, and some of April. I have to wait until God, in His good time, warms the water and opens the venues for my increased training. I have to wait for the changes to take place in my body, changes that God Himself has programmed into our physical being. And I have to have faith. Maybe some can train and achieve without it, but not me.

Just today I was talking to Coach Moore, one of my colleagues and a man who has become a bit of a sounding board for me. "I heard you had a good week," he said this morning referring to a big training week.

"Yes. And I need good ones from here on out," I answered.

"You have it all wrong," he rebuked me gently. "You will have good weeks from now until the swim. You don't need good weeks, you will have good weeks. God will help you."

And once more I marveled at my lack of belief. He is absolutely correct. I have to look at it all through the eyes of faith. God will help me. I will wait in faith and when my time comes, I will mount up with wings as eagles, I will swim and not be weary, I will tread water and not faint.

No comments:

Post a Comment