Monday, April 18, 2016

Training 4/11 - 4/17

I had a pretty solid cycle of Chicot preparation even though I only swam three times. Several good things happened last week which included my longest swim of the year (5.5 miles), the disappearance of my mystery ailment, and the arrival of this year's Chicot T-shirts. Although the water temps have continued to slide down, that is about to change with some warmer weather on the way and the prospects of some sunshine.

I hope to bust out a big on this week in terms of both running and swimming. We have our Greenwood MDCC 5K this week as well as Koscuisko Saturday, where I ran 26:18 last year and I am anxious to see how far I can go under that with a solid year of running on my shoes since then.

For the week, I

swam 18,457 meters,
ran 34.06 miles,
spun 30:00 on the bike trainer,
lifted weights two times, and
walked 6.58 miles.

I finally caught up with last year on my swimming total and am even 838 meters ahead. I hope to be about 10,000 ahead by the time Chicot rolls around.

No comments:

Post a Comment