Friday, March 1, 2019

Two out of Three

We had a preacher eating meeting Thursday night so I knew a three-workout day was out. In fact, I had capitulated to the idea of one physical session. So what would that one training hour be? Of course I chose swimming. I got to the pool as soon as I could and swam

1,100
10 X 50 @ :55 (This is a big improvement. Heretofore, the most reps I've been able to get at this turnaround is six)
200 small paddles 
4 X 100 @ 1:09 (I wanted to do more 50s, but the babies were in the water by this point)
600 small paddles
total: 2,600 = 2,376 meters.

After I left the pool, I realized I had time for a second workout. Duh! I'm smart like that. So I had another choice: run or lift weights. I chose,
(drum roll) weights. On the bench I pressed

26 X 45
15 X 95
13 X 105
12 X 115
10 X 120

I also did some squats, but why do I keep forgetting to do the triceps push down? With a swim meet coming up in a bit over a month, that should be a constant. It burns those important swimming muscles like nothing else and can add to their strength and fitness. I'm smart like that.

Anyway, we had a really nice time at the eating. The food was good, the company better, and the atmosphere totally relaxed. What's not to like? I'll tell you what's not to like. I woke this morning 3.8 pounds heavier. Sigh. Thank you, Jesus, for a nice day and evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment