Tuesday, September 20, 2022

9/12 - 9/18

Since Saturday was the Oaks, I started the week with leg work at Plate City. I hit them pretty hard and then did 1.55 miles of running. Tuesday, I ran 6.87 miles in an attempt to get some distance in and still be able to get a little fresh for the race.

Wednesday I cut the run to 3.15 miles and lifted weights for the whole upper body. Thursday I did a short 2.02 mile shuffle before Penny and I went to the ballgame at MDCC. I wrote about the burgers already.

Friday I was down to 1.32 miles and finally my legs began to feel better. Also I swam 1,900 yards in the little pool. Saturday, of course, was the race. I finished third in my age group which was 60 to 969. Thanks, Oaks. When I turned 65, all the races I do dropped the 65 - 69 age group and went from 60 to Methusela. No Joke. The same thing happened with Senior discounts. They used to start at 50. Then I turned 50. Then they started at 55 until I turned 55. Then they started at 60. You guessed it: when I turned 60 they went to 65. I turned 65. Thank God, this time they didn't change.

After the race and walking back home, I rested a bit and late in the day, I went to Plate City. I worked full body but hit the legs the hardest. I did Farmer's carried along with heavy deadlifting. One day I am going to be strong.

For the week, I

  ran 21.06 miles,
  swam 1,736 meters,
  Skiergged 2:00 minutes, and 
  lifted weights three times

So it was an OK training week. Actually, I planned it as a drop back week for running to allow me to get fresh for the race and recover from all the miles I have been putting in. Now I will rebuild for a few weeks preparing for the Mississippi River Marathon. The full. And then a 50-mile race. Have I mentioned that before? Yeah, I am dreaming big. Or crazy. Crazy keeps me from going insane. Thank you, for that, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment