Monday, September 26, 2022

9/19 - 9/25

It was a difficult week for me to get my training in, but I did the best I could. Monday, I did not training at all. I thought to rise early and swim, but a poor night's sleep left me lying in bed until time to get ready for work. I had a repairman by the house after I got off work on my long day, and then Penny and I had Over 60s so there was no time to run. Instead, I ate too much and put on weight for sure. Yes, I could have run when I got home, but being full of Larry's fish makes that a little dicey.

Tuesday I did make it out of bed and into the pool before work and got in a solid 1,700 meters before being run out of the pool. A monster bug convinced me to get out earlier than I had intended. That afternoon, I shuffled for 10.3 miles.

Wednesday, I did my leg and treadmill routine. I totaled 1.29 miles on the treadmill and hit some big squats. This left my legs wobbly the next day and the next.

Thursday I only swam. I drove up to the little pool while one of the three amigos did. His crew was out so I swam 1,800 yards in there where there were no monster bugs to worry about. Then Friday, Penny and I went south. I will write about that tomorrow.

Saturday I watched college football, took a longish run of 9.22 miles, and did full body at Plate City. I had fun out there, pulled some heavy weight, and watched the end of the Tennessee verses Floriday game. That was something. If you missed it, you are not likely to ever see another like it.

For the week, I

  ran 20.81 miles,
  swam 4,220 meters,
  skiergged 4:05 minutes,
  walked .55 miles, and
  lifted weights two times

That wasn't a bad training week, but not a banner one. I was surprised at how hard the tem-miler plus the weight session hit me. But, I am over it now so full-fledged training is back on. 

Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment