Monday, September 12, 2022

9/5 - 9/11

I had another strong week of training that started with a Labor Day run to Hillbilly Heaven. With some walking mixed in, I finished with 10.75 miles of shuffling and 3.5 miles of walking, and I got in some heat work.

Tuesday I was back in the outdoor pool for 1,300. Yeah, I can be lazy like that. But after work, I shuffled 3.88 miles and lifted weights.

Wednesday I was really not wanting to do anything. I forced myself through 1,000 in the pool. Since it was leg day, I shuffled 2.06 miles on the treadmill in short sets of .4 between sets of squats. 

Thursday, I slept in and let my whole body rest. After work, I let my legs rest and then mowed the lawn. I didn't go to Plate City so I let my upper body muscles rest also. Rest is my friend.

Friday was my big day and I was running walking at 6:23 a.m. I walked the first two miles to let my breakfast finish digesting while I slowly warmed up. I ran to Craigside, took a side road, and explored some turnrows south of Little Zion MB Church. Finishing with 13.35 miles of running,and 5.48 miles of walking, I was done for the day.

I had intended to run Saturday, but since I already had my 30-mile week completed and I was tired, I took a short swim (1,300 in the little pool) and did some serious deadlifting at Plate City. I pulled 260 as well as doing some squatting. All in all, it was a strong week of preparing for future contests and challenges. For the week, I

  swam 3,488 meters,
  ran 30.06 miles,
  lifted weights three times, and
  walked 8.98 miles.

That's good training right there, I don't care who you are. And I dropped two pounds. I know what you are thinking: look down and I will find them. But I can tell a difference, a little bit. So I am on the way to a bunch of fun and suffering. Life is better with some suffering. And the suffering is better if you chose your own and inflict it upon yourself rather than be blindsided by it from the outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment