Thursday, September 22, 2022

Monster Bugs and Monster Lifts

Wednesday is always an interesting day for me. It is more than Hump Day. For me, it is the day before Friday (with us being on a four-day schedule). Not only that, but I have usually done my longish run, sometimes I have swum early in the morning, and I only need to lift some weights and run a little on the treadmill.

Well, I did swim Wednesday morning. I fought bugs first, fishing out five monster bugs but only killing two of them. When I started swimming, only a small piece of moon kept the sky from being totally black. After swimming for twenty minutes, the outline of the trees to the east of the pool became visible. After another ten minutes, I could see the sky through gaps in the trees. Then the sky turned blue and slowly light came. After 1,700 meters, I saw one of the monsters on the west wall that I was swimming beside. I crawled out on my belly and fled the scene. Or was that Tuesday that the swim happened? Really, I am not sure.

I am sure that I lifted weights. Since Monday was Over 60s and Tuesday was long run, I needed to lift for everything. And since the temperature hit an official 100 in Greenwood, I waited until 5:30 to get out there. Then I did it. I pushed, pulled, and squatted. Not only that, but I ran some on the treadmill between squat sets. In short, I worked this body until it yelled, "Calf rope." Then I went inside and hung out with CC my sweet, violent cat. Thank you, Jesus, that wonderful gym and our cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment