Thursday, September 8, 2022

Day after Laborious Day

Tuesday began in the dark at Twin Rivers. I swam a paltry 1,300, but that is better than a poke in the eye. There is something neat, spooky, and weird all rolled up into one about swimming before daylight in that pool. When John and I used to do it, I always saw bats circling above when it began to break daylight. I have not seen anybats this year, but the monster bugs are a real menace.

I then went to work and taught my three writing courses. I was delighted to see one of the ladies there. Both have been ill and I feared our office would be closed all week. 

After work I needed that short nap I took. I think I did not make a big enough fuss over CC because that night, she followed me into the living room and turned her back on me. When she does that, she is speaking loudly. Yeah, I was right because she did not sleep with me that night. I tried to make up with her and she let me pet her, but she slept in a dirtly clothes basket. 

Sigh.

After that, I hitt the streest for 3.88 miles of roadwork. It was hot out there, and my legs were tired from Monday. But I shuffled along and acheived my goal of doing just a little more than last week. Oh, speaking of last week, I wrote that last week was my biggest run week of the year. Well, I was flipping through my training diary and found that I had run thirty-plus miles twice this year already. This week, I go for the real record. 

Next, I hit the gym for some weight work. Pee Wee was happy as he likes to see customers in the gym. I did a push workout for my third exercise bout of the day. Yehaa. Three is always a good number. I have done four, but that is a bit much even for me. Thank you, Jesus, for good health, a good gym, and good spirits. I remain gruntled for several days running now (see what I did there?).

No comments:

Post a Comment