Thursday, September 22, 2022

In-Class Writing

I'm sitting in class and we are doing in-class writing. Getting the students going is like herding cats. They rather talk. In fact, the mood here is antsy. Everyone is tired and wants to be somehwere else. Me included. I want to go home and take a nap. 

But I only have a few more hours and that is what I will do. Plus mow the lawn. Maybe. We are entering that time when the grass growth slows. Thank you, Jesus. I mowed Friday the 9th of September. Until you hit September, you have to mow once per week around here. Now the grass, while still growing, is slowing to the point that once every two weeks is sufficient. When October gets here, it will be once every three weeks. Then once in November seals the deal.

Well, that seals the deal for this writing. I am getting them started on something else. Actually, they are going to read one of my old blog posts, a narrative, and then write something like it. Yehaa!

No comments:

Post a Comment