Friday, September 23, 2022

Not a Bad Way

On the way to the pool Thursday morning, I received a text from Tyler that he wasn't going to make it. Great, I thought. I'll have to fight the monster bugs alone. But when I drove up at Twin Rivers, however, Michael Boler was getting out of his truck. He, Rob White, and Jack Matthews swim the little pool from 5:45 until 6:30. They usually all show up about the same time so I stopped, rolled my window down, and asked, "Is your crew going to be here?"

Just what I thought and just what I hoped. They were out so I was in. Yehaa, no monster bugs today. In the little pool, I swam

  1,500
  4 X 50 fast
  100 back
  total: 1,800 yards

That's not a bad way to start a day. 

At work, the police officer was not given a key so we were locked out until 8:00. Not a bad way to start a day. Coffee had to be made before teaching could be done. It was good, the coffee, and so was class. 

BK (Bad Kate) asked me what I was headed for when I was leaving work. "A nap" was my reply. And that is exactly what I did. Around 3:00, I tried to get up and take a run. But .05 down the street convinced me that I needed a day off. I went back home and back to bed. Yeah, not a bad way to end a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment