Thursday, September 8, 2022

Laborious Day

Labor Day is for laboring. Since you have the day off, you have more time to work. Out. So that's what I did. I worked. Out. Actually, I ran from home to Hilbilly Heaven. Well, I walked some of it, but I shuffled 10.75 miles and walked 3.3 miles.

I didn't start early like I needed to. The coffee was good, the cats sweet, the bed soft. Okay, I am sorry like that. But I finally hit the road about 9:00 a.m. Thank the Lord for some cloud overs because it never got really hot, but it did get warm. 

I walked the first two miles because brakfast was still a little heavy on my stomach. Then I began to shuffle. I went 8.5 miles straight before I walked the rest of the way up the big hill. From there, I alternated between walking and my old-man shuffle. I finished at Hillbilly Heaven with 10.75 miles of running and 3.3 miles of strolling. Not a bad way to start the week. And to make it even better, I did not overeat. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment