Thursday, September 29, 2022

What's Not to Like

Wednesday I got things cranked up on all fronts. We had a nice time at work. The day started with my Employment Readiness class at 8:00 a.m. Kathy Manning, a financial advisor with Edward Jones, graciously agreed to speak to the class. She covered the waterfront on her work history, on financial matters, and investing. That was nice. Then Culinary fed us lunch: rice and sausage etouffee. It was good, yeah. We enjoy like at the Greenwood Center. 

After work, I took a short nap, ate some peanuts, and made my way to the pool. My yardage has been way down for a while so my swim fitness is down also. Consequently, I mostly did a straight swim. I went 1,800 before turning over on my back and doing 50 back. That was enough, 1,850 yards.

I went back home and watched some of the Paul Finebaum Show. Since I finished mowing Tuesday, all I had left to do was workout and that I did. First, I performed some pulling, mostly on the chest-supported row machine, and then I hit legs like they were my enemy. Between sets of squats, I ran shuffled on the treadmill amassing a grand total of 1.65 miles. Yeah, I'm bad like that. 

So there you have it. An enjoyable day on the job, a swim, and good times with Pee Wee at the gym. What's not to like? Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment