Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Monster Run

It wasn't really a monster run, but for this time of week, it was long.

Monday I did not do any training. I slept in instead of going to the pool because my rest that night was poor. Usually, I sleep well. Not this time. Then, I did not get off work until 4:00, and I had someone come to Plate City to work on the treadmill. Not only that, but we had Over 60s that night so instead of running, I went to Itta Bena and ate too much.

Sigh.

Tuesday, however, I was determined to make ammends. I swam early and fought monster bugs. When I was finishing my 17th lap (I wanted more), I saw one on the wall I was swimming next to. I immediately climbed out, scraping my delicate chest on the concrete. 

After work, it was very hot so I waited until 4:30 to head out Money Road and into the sun. I ran 10.3 miles because I needed it. That is all I did: a swim and a ten-mile run. Isn't that enough? It was for me. Thank you for that, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment