Monday, October 31, 2022

10/24 - 10/30

Monday was a typical training day with everything being done at Plate City. I shuffled 2.02 miles on the treadmill and did a push weight workout as well as 2:00 on the skierg. 

Tuesday I made it to the pool and moved my swimming up to a whopping 200 yards. Yeah, I am being careful following the old adage: Better sorry than safe. In the afternoon, I shuffled 3.08 miles, did a pull workout, and hit the skierg for 2:15.

I was back in the pool Wednesday morning and this time I hit it for 300 yards. The afternoon saw me do the Wellness Wednesday run and home for a total of 5.44 miles. Then I hit the legs at the City. 

When I got home from work Thursday, I went to bed and stayed there until Penny and I went to the GLT play. Fatigue. Somehow I had gotten tired.

Friday, however, I drove to Carroll County, to New Hope Baptist Church where I parked and proceeded to run up and down the half-mile hill there and some other road. I amassed 10.81 miles of roadwork.

Saturday, I saved my workout at the City for the Florida/Georgia game. It was worth the wait. I did full body hittine the arms (push and pull) and legs. On the lower body, I concentrated on the trapbar deadlift and hit a new PR of 285 pounds. Top that, Randy Beets!

You already know what I did Sunday. And I did it well. For the week, I

swam 868 meters,
lifted weights three times,
skiergged 4:15 minutes, and
ran 24.16 miles

The swimming has been down for a while now. But, a wise man once told me, "All you can do is all you can do." I might could have done more, but I am trying to be wise about my training. This summer, I have some big swimming events on the calendar. Between now and then, I have a marathon and a 50-mile race planned. Oh, I haven't told you about that? Praise the Lord and stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment