Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Real Success

I did have some success Tuesday. No, I did not swim. My shoulders have been a little janky lately. I hurt the left one when I took that tumble on my long run Friday. My right one has been feeling weird, unstable, even when I sleep on my left side, it feels like it is pulling off my body. 

Sigh.

But I did run. I went out Hades Road to the gate at the end of Robert E. Lee and back for a total of 2.82 miles. There have not been any fires out there lately, which is good for running. I call it Hades Road because in the past there has almost always been burning and smoke.

After some rest, I went to Plate City, allegedly for a push and pull workout. On the push, I did very light bench pressing. The shoulders didn't want much weight. I tried to do the reverse fly on the cord, but my left shoulder did not like that. I was able, however, to pull on the chest-supported row machine without any issues. So I did several set of light bench presses, smashed the rows pretty hard, and had fun working on the speed bag. I did not realize how much I would enjoy that. It is a good conditioner and along with the skierg, should really help keep my upper body muscles in condition.

No comments:

Post a Comment