Friday, October 28, 2022

I Needed the Rest

I got up Thursday morning and met Tyler at the pool. Oh, you noticed we haven't been doing much together lately? There are a few reasons for that. First, unlike me, he has a real job, and he's been travelling a lot of late. Plus he has a young wife and a child on the way. You get the point. Or you should.

I told him ahead of time that I couldn't do much. On the docket for me was 400 yards done by 50s. And that is what I did except at the end, I added 2 X 25. So I swam a whopping 450 yards. But notice the trajectory: it's coming up. The left shoulder is fine. The right one is better. Praise God.

He came by Plate City after the swim just to check out the changes. He had not been there since Crazy Man Quadrathon so a lot had changed. He was impressed, or at least he said he was.

At work, I was glad it was Friday. Fatigue had caught up with me and was pressing my head down. After my tour of duty I went home, ran an errand, then went home again. I had planned to go to the City and run and lift. Once I climbed into the bed, however, I could not extricate myself. I needed the rest so I took it. Thank you, Jesus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment