Thursday, October 6, 2022

A Solid Day

I let my shoulder rest Wednesday morning. It got a little catiwompus on me Tuesday morning, so a day off would certainly not hurt. By mid-afternoon, I met Bad Kate and Vicki and the Railspike Trail. We had hoped some of our students would be there as one told me she was coming. This is part of Wellness Wednesday, an attempt to help students better deal with the stresses of life in general and school in particular. Alas, however, it was only the three of us. I opted to do the run in an interval fashion going a quarter mile on, a quarter mile off. After warming up with a slow mile, I ran four hard intervals, each a quarter mile, as

  1 - 9:32 pace per mile
  2  - 9:09
  3 - 10:04
  4 - 9:35

Notice the drop off on number three. I got some of it back on the fourth, but those numbers indicate that my endurance at that pace is sorely lacking. I'm surprised. NOT! I walked there (1.17) and then ran home. Shuffled home is a more apt description. I went an additional 1.89 miles going home to give me 4.84 for the day.

Yes, I went to Plate City and did pull and legs. On the legs, I performed six working sets of squats. Also, I hit the hip abductor/adductor machine really hard. All in all, it was a solid day. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment