Saturday, October 1, 2022

Two Days and a Nighttime Run

Thursday morning I met Tyler at the pool at 6:30. That's when the early crew leaves. Meeting at that hour does not give us much time to swim, but it was 50 degrees out, and call me a sissy, but I was not going to get into that outdoor pool. Thus we had to swim at 6:30 or at 5:00 to get to go inside. Tough choice.

Since we were both low on yardage, we did a straight swim. "I'm going thirty minutes," I said, "Then I'm getting out." So that's what we did. We swam 1,600 yards. Then it was time to scoot home and get ready for work. 

Work was interesting. It was homecoming week and Thursday was homecoming day. We had a special event at the Greenwood Center. The Leflore County Humane Society came and set up with some cats and dogs. We had a great time petting love-hungry babies, and students and faculty brought supplies to donate to the shelter. I had to leave early, however, because we-- the English Department-- was required to travel to Biloxi for a Curriculum Alignment meeting. Penny and I rode with Elizabeth Melton. We had a nice drive down then all of us met up for supper downstairs at the Beau. I had one of the best steaks of my life. I also had the highest resturaunt bill of my life. The school is going to reimburse me $7.00 for my meal. Sweet!

The swim was all the training I did Thursday. Friday I did not get up early and run on the beach. The bed was too comfortable, and we had to be at Gulf Coast Community College at 8:45. I saw Doug Johnson there. It was nice to chat with him some, not having seen him in four or five years, or was it six? Also I ran into Valeri Morgan. She used to teach at MDCC now being at Delta State. Due to all the heavy lifting we did the last time I went to one of these, it did not take us long to get our business done. The schedule said we would get out at 3:30. We were all done by 10:30. 

After I got home, I went out for a run in the cool darkness of almost October. I had forgotten how much I like running in the anonymity of the night. I went 6.32 miles giving me a chance to fulfill my requisit running for the week. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment