Friday, October 14, 2022

Man Shopping

Thursday was another good day. I swam before work but not too far: 1,150 yards. At work, I was asked to stay late and help with E Learning testing. They pay, allegedly. I still haven't received my $7.00 for meals on the Biloxi trip. Maybe I will get this and that together. Well, I worked over two hours, helping students log in so they could take their exams online. We were busy. That cut the afternoon down, though. Usually the weekend begins at 1:30 on Thursday. This time it was 3:45.

At home, I realized I needed to get those new running shoes I've been needing so I went to Connerly's and got a pair. The staff there are not used to waiting on men I can tell. I always ask for my model and size and when the sales person comes back with a box, I head for the counter. "Where are you going?" is always the question.

"To check out," I answer. "Man shopping."

Back home, I tried to nap, but that wasn't working. Then I went to the new and improved Plate City Gym for some pushing, treadmill running, and speed bag work. This time, instead of doing bench presses, I set the rack up for overhead pressing and I used the Swiss bar. I went kind of light since I had not done this move in a long while, not since Crazy Man Quadrathon. Furthermore, I am not too strong on that move. Actually, I am not too strong on any move, but I am not declaring myself old and parking in front of the TV like many of my contemporaries have done. Thank you, Jesus, for good health, a good gym, and great weather of late to enjoy both.

No comments:

Post a Comment