Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Still Trying

I'm trying to get back on track after last week's low numbers. Monday I missed a run. Tuesday I did manage three workouts but none of them were really huge. In the pool, I swam

brick kick
2,400 49:21
200 tt 3:10
200 medium paddle 3:25
200 tt 3:12
200 medium paddles 3:45
450 back 9:33
750 small paddles 15:27
25
brick kick all the way
400 8:27
total: 4,825 yards - 4,410 meters

That was a pretty good practice. It had some volume and some quality. I also made it all the way with the brick kick for the fist time in a couple of weeks. I intended to go for a long run, but I went instead to show the north 40 with the world's best brother-in-law, RT. We got soaked, especially poor RT who rode in the back of the side by side while the monsoons did their thing. 

When I got home and dried out, the weather had gotten even worse, so I rested some and went to Twin Rivers. It's nice to have a back up. I don't like running on a dreadmill, but it is better than a poke in the eye. I only did 1.77 miles before I hopped off and hit the weights. On the one-armed bent row I pulled

17 X 40
13 X 45
10 X 50
  8 X 55
  5 X 60
  5 X 60

I also did some reverse flys with the red band, 2:15 on the row machine, and 20 X 20 dumbbell curls. 

All of that wasn't too bad, but I can see it's going to be hard to make the numbers again this week on the road. Right now, the pool has priority, and I have been doing well there. I am ahead of last year in terms of total volume in the water, but I am way behind in quality and in long swims. I have a plan this week of getting in a long, continuous swim. Help me, Jesus, and thank you for what I did do.

No comments:

Post a Comment