Sunday, February 23, 2020

Saturday

There are a lot of things I could have done Saturday. I needed a run. I could have used a swim. My bicycle has been untouched for months. Plate City is better than ever. So what did I do?

The first thing I did was to sleep late. Sometimes that is the best thing one can do. When I get too tired, I become cranky, irritable, and injury prone. So Saturdays have become my day for sleeping. After sleeping late, I spent time drinking coffee, petting cats, and preparing Sunday's sermon. 

I thought about taking a swim, but decided against it. I thought about taking a run, but decided against it. I thought about a session at Plate City Gym, but decided for it. I could do without a run and a swim, but I needed the gym, and I needed the rest so that is the path I chose.

It was after lunch before I made it to Plate City. For the first time in four years, it was sunny and nice outside. The dogs were happy and so was I. I started slow and even got the lawn mower out and cut the front yard. As far as working out goes, I started with two sets of squats and then I went over the fence with the farmer's walk handles. I started with two by 50 feet of just the handles. Then two by 50 of plus 20 pounds on each side. Then two by 50 plus thirty. After that it was two by 50 at plus 37.5.

Next, I jumped to plus 50 pounds. That is where it starts to get heavy for me. That makes 102 pounds in each hand. After that, I did one by 50 at plus 60. That tied my record. I went up to plus 65 for a new record. I only make it 40 feet before my grip failed, but that is a new Association of Sports Strongmen world's record.

I wasn't finished. I loaded the duck walk implement to a record 115 pounds and walked it 50 feet. Then I did a dead lift session of

8 X 135
5 X 145
3 X 155
3 X 165
1 X 170

That was a good session while not fatiguing me that way a three-workout day would have. Thank you, Jesus, for Plate City and the health to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment