Saturday, February 1, 2020

Water, Weights, and Cats

John wanted to meet at the pool at 4:00 a.m sharp. Why does he do that? I'm at the pool every morning at 4:00 a.m. sharp. He was only a few minutes late. I swam

brick kick
3,050 1:00:32 (1:58)
650 10:29 (1:36)
425 medium paddles 7:54
brick kick (I made it all the way without stopping for air.)
1,000 small paddles
total: 5,125 yards = 4,684 meters

Earlier in December, I decided that it would be good if I could build up to making it one length of the pool while only stopping one time to breath. I have never really explained what a brick kick is so here we go. I take a brick (they have a  couple inside the pool house to anchor the robot cord) and put one on the bottom of the pool to mark the distance I needed to stay underwater after a flip turn. After my swim, I would pick up the brick and while holding it out in front of me, kick back to where it was stored. These bricks must weight five or six pounds. Then I started taking the brick and kicking from one end of the pool to the other. It is one heck of a leg workout. 

At that point, I was stopping three times. When I achieved making a length in one stop, I began to work the distance I went on that first breath. I moved it down the pool about a foot or two each time. Thursday I made it from the west wall to the 3 1/2 foot sign. That still left about twelve feet to go. Friday morning, however, I went all the way. What does it mean? It means my legs are stronger at kicking, I am more fit at that movement, and I can hold my breath longer. That has the possibility of translating into better performances in the sprints at the swim meet in Biloxi.

I went home and napped, drank coffee, and spent time with the cats. At noon, I bought some more weight plates from Delta Streets Academy. Every time they upgrade, I do too with their old stuff. I have bought a lot of weight from them.

I lifted at Plate City, and distributed the new plates. I did lat pull downs (two sets), chins, and Swim Pulls (five sets). I also did three sets of dumbbell curls. I did not run. I thought about it, but Penny was off early, and I did not want to be rushed. I don't like being rushed for any reason on my day off.

Thank you, Jesus for a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment