Monday, February 10, 2020

Truncated Week, Truncated Post

It was a tough week. I swam and ran Monday putting in a huge day with 9.5 miles of running and 5,506 meters of swimming. I even lifted weights. But I have already written about some of what happened next. Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday produced no training but a lot of couching. Couching pulls you down in a hurry. Friday morning I did swim a short 2,376 meters.

Saturday morning, I dusted myself off and ran shuffled the Mississippi River Half Marathon. That race was like hitting the bottom of a cliff. When you train hard and then just stop, it is like falling off a cliff. Saturday, I hit the bottom and began to climb back up. 

The race left me limping. My sore foot got more sore, and my right hip became sore and gimpy by the 13 miles in Greenville. As I write this, I know I cannot run today. The healing must go a little farther.

So, there it is. It was a short week and here is a short write up of it. Thank you, Jesus, that I am feeling well and have hope for some play and some training this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment