Sunday, November 28, 2021

A Good Week Off

Friday and Saturday were like a taper only I wasn't tapering. Friday is our annual go-to-Jackson-Black-Friday trip. I drive my wife, daughter, and granddaughter to the big town, to all their stores, and to Berry's for supper. Berry's is a huge seafood restaurant in Florence. If you have never been, take a day and drive down. It is worth the drive if you don't do anything else but eat there. You'll recognize it by it being the huge eighty foot tall barn looking building on the east side of Highway 49. It also has one of those huge crosses on the lot. They have everything seafood on the all-you-can-eat buffet. It is good, yeah.

I did take a short shuffle in one of the parking lots while the ladies shopped. I went 1.08 miles to keep the streak going at 54 days. That was all the training I did that day. Hey, that's better than a poke in the eye. The day before, I had planned to get up early Friday and go to the pool. Didn't happen. I'm lazy like that.

Saturday, I ran to Forrest's for our second Thanksgiving meal of the week. I went 2.11 miles to keep the streak alive. Not only did I run, but at the gym I worked the pull and the legs. Simon showed up and made some progress on the gym. Plate City, which is already the best gym in town, is going to be the bomb when it is finished. Maybe it will never be finished. Not this latest project, but I mean there will most likely always be room for some sort of improvement. The idea of being through is not appealing to me. I like to dream, the change, to improve, to add, to dream some more.

Well, it was a good week off work even though I did not accomplish all of my goals. Thank you, Jesus, for good health, a good family, and a good week off.     

No comments:

Post a Comment