Monday, November 29, 2021

BBU 3

I had a pretty good week off, but not the banner week of training I had planned. Sometimes you have to listen to your body and back off despite what you want to do. I am just now, at my advanced age, beginning to really practice that. I have known it for decades. I have believed it for years. But I had not the discipline to put it into practice until now.

Monday I ran short, 3.1 miles, and swam long, 2,285 meters. OK, you'e right. That is not long, but I liked the way it sounded in my mind so I wrote it in here so you could hear it too. (See what I did there?) Also, I worked in the gym while Simon worked on it. (See what I did there?) It was a nice start to a nice week.

Tuesday, I did my long[ish] run of the week with 9.41 miles of roadwork. I swam 2,422 meters and once again lifted long.

Wednesday I cut the shuffle to 2.73 anticipating a long run to Hillbilly Heaven on Thanksgiving Day. I swam 2,467 meters and did a truncated leg workout at the gym.

Thanksgiving Day brought rain, cold temperatures, and a sore patellar tendon. The rain helped me to exercise some restraint and not attempt the long run to Carroll County. I swam first thing (1,142 meters) and lifted at the gym. Between sets on the bench press, I did some easy shuffling on the treadmill. Like most runners, I do not like running on the "dreadmill," but I enjoyed the mix of running and lifting while going easy on the knee. 

Friday was our annual Black Friday trip to Jackson. I got to spend the day with my wife, daughter, and granddaughter. I jogged 1.08 miles in one of the parking lots for my only exercise of the day. 

Saturday I went a short 2.11 on the road and worked the legs hard at the gym. Sunday, we had an eating at church. I put down six pieces of fried chicken. Yeah, I'm good like that. After dark, I shuffled 1.44 miles.

For the week, I

ran 21.08 miles,
swam 8,316 meters, and
lifted weights five times.

Not bad. Plus I had some time off, and the gym has me feeling like a kid counting down the days until Christmas. Thank you, Jesus.  

No comments:

Post a Comment