Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Vocation and Avocation

We are at the end of the semester which means things get difficult for me. I know, cry you a river, right? Bear with me. I need to whine just a little then I will be OK. At least the end is near. I can see the finish line. 

But didn't you have a week off for Thanksgiving? 

Sort of. We are never really off anymore. Not totally. I am already announcing to my class that after next Tuesday I am going into the Witness Protection Program. I always tell them that. I always tell my bosses that. But they still find a reason to track me down and make me do something.

Monday, I shuffled short and swam long. Sort of. I did a mere 3.07 miles of roadwork. Then at the pool I swam

1,500 30:54
brick kick on the hard side
600 12:02
6 X 50 build
400 25/25 free/back 8:32
total: 2,800

I think I can call that mild training. The shoulder is still not 100%. Maybe it will never be. I am trying not to hurt it anymore. I need to be ramping up for the Senior Olympics, both state and nationals, not to mention the Heart O' Dixie Triathlon. I qualified for six events at nationals, but I will probably only do one, the 500 free.

At the gym, I bench pressed

  18 X 50
  10 X 72
  6 X 105
  3 X 130
  4 X 140
  4 X 140
  3 X 140
  3 X 140
  close grip incline
  12 X 100
  10 X 100

On the seated dip, I did 23 X 92.5.

So there, I did all three workouts. Not bad for a hectic day back at work. Thank you Lord for my vocation as well as my avocation. I enjoy both and they give me purpose in life and fun too.

No comments:

Post a Comment