Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Mystery Solved?

I think I figured out what happened to me Friday. If that sentence confuses you, read "What a Peetiful Day" posted last Saturday on this blog. Heat training has definite effects on the body. One of these effects is that the body stores more water, much of it in the blood, because that is where sweat comes from. Eventually, when the weather cools, these heat adaptations disappear. I am theorizing that since my body has gone through this heat adaptation and heat de-training cycle so many times that running in Friday's 50 degree weather signaled to my body that is was time to dump the excess water. 

That's the explanation I gave to my sister, who is a retired nurse practitioner and my go-to person for medical advice. She agreed that possibly that was the cause, and that I do not need to "result a physikan," Charlie Turner, but to let her know if it happens again. 

Monday I was back on track (on the road actually). The streak hit 29 days while I knocked off 6.26 miles on the road. Why so many? This is race week when we travel to Vardeman for the Sweet Potato Festival 5K where I hope to win my age group. I will taper at the end of the week and not have the Friday long run, but I still want to get in at least 20 miles. It's always a juggling act. Besides the road work, I swam

2,050
brick kick
50 easy
25/25 breast/free
50 back
total: 2,200 yards = 2,010 meters.

Then I went to Plate City and hung out with Pee Wee. While spending time with my friend, I benched

  12 X 50
  8 X 72
  6 X 105
  3 X 130
  3 X 140
  3 X 140
  3 X 140
  8 X 120

That was a pretty decent day. Pee Wee was happy and so was I. Thank you Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment