Tuesday, November 9, 2021

HOD 15

I had a step down week in terms of running volume while maintaining enough miles to keep me moving up the endurance ladder. Monday, I started as I often do, in the pool. I went 2,200 yards. On the road, I shuffled 6.26 miles and in the gym I did bench pressing and corator tuff work.

Tuesday, I pulled off another triple swimming 1,400 yards, running 2.32 miles, and lifting again. Wednesday I did my third triple in as many day. At the pool. I got 2,250 yards. On the road I ran 4.64 tough miles. In the gym, I did trap bar deadlifts and trap work.

Thursday I wanted another triple, but I had too much preparation to do for my night class. I did not swim, but ambulated 1.81 miles and lifted weights. Friday I was tapering for Saturday's race and only ran 1.34 whiles swimming another 2,250 yards as well as lifting weights.

Saturday was the Sweet Potato Festival 5K. Forrest and I ran it. At home, I did legs and played with strongman stuff. Sunday, besides going to church and napping, I took a short shuffle of 1.32 miles.

For the week, I

swam 7,401 meters,
ran 21.2 miles, and
lifted weights six times.

That was as solid week while backing things down a bit. Now I will rebuild to a little over thirty miles again. The streak now stand at 35. Not bad for an old man.

No comments:

Post a Comment