Tuesday, November 16, 2021

BBU 1

I'm changing the name of my weekly review from HOD (Heart O' Dixie) to BBU (Big Build Up). Or maybe I will pick another name. The point is, I am in training for a big event over a year into the future. I don't want to reveal it to the world yet. I have talked with my wife about it. I also told Katie Jones because I commissioned her daughter, eight year old Reese, to do some artwork for the T-shirt. Why am I so hesitant about revealing my plans? I really don't know. I still have not revealed my 2022 plans for my Diabetes Foundation of Mississippi fundraiser. The BBU will also be the DFM thing for 2023. It's big. It's crazy. It's inZane.

Monday I ran 6.51 miles, swam 2,300 yards, and lifted weights. That is BBU training right there. Tuesday I shuffled 1.51 miles, swam 1,450 yards, and lifted more weights. 

Wednesday I did the three-mile thing with BK, swam 2,400 yards, and did some mild weight training. Thursday, I began my taper for the Batesville race with 1.81 miles or roadwork, nothing in the pool, and some small gym work.

Friday, I did not lift, but I swam 2,450 yards and tipped around on the road for 1.31 miles. And Saturday was the big day. Forrest and I went to Batesville and ran the ten miler so I got a really good workout shuffling along at sub-training pace. Back home, I worked legs and pulls at Plate City. Sunday, I rest and I only tipped around in the dark for 1.55 miles. 

For the week, I swam 7,859 meters, ran 26.42 miles, and lifted weights five times. I am on track for the BBU, the big event that is still sixteen months in the future. Yes, if you did the math, the 2023 event is presently scheduled for March, Spring Break.

I am as excited right now as I have ever been about my training. That is a gift of God that makes each day a joy. Thank you Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment