Friday, November 26, 2021

Three on Thanksgiving Day

Yeah, I did some major training on turkey day, but not nearly as much as I had originally planned. First, I went to the pool while fretting over a slightly sore patellar tendon in my left knee. Not only that, but there was the weather. Rain. Rain. And more rain. I am not a fan of getting wet and cold on a run. Often I run from the house to Hillbilly Heaven on holidays. Would I be able to pull it off with a sore leg and a monsoon rain, not to mention the cold?

The pool was first in the lineup. I did a short, straight swim of 1,250 yards. Then back home, I had a light breakfast and decided to go to Plate City. While I had swum, I felt the knee on every push off from the wall. That plus the rain convinced me that to attempt a run to Hillbilly Heaven would be unwise. 

At the gym, I did benches but with a twist. For maybe the third time since Plate City moved (eighteen months ago), I cranked up the dreadmill and shuffled between sets. Yeah, I kept the streak alive, (now at 53 days) with a total of 1.15 miles done in little .2 of a mile segments between sets on the bench press. It was new. It was different. It was fun. There, I said it. I enjoyed running on the treadmill.
 
So I did three workouts, short but real ones, on Thanksgiving Day. And I did a run on a treadmill and did not hate it. Hallelujah. Signs and wonder. They are still happening in our world. Thank you Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment