Thursday, November 11, 2021

Only Two

Wednesday I was down to two. Since we had the Greenwood Mentoring Group Appreciation Dinner at six, I had to cut something short. I swam and ran, but did not lift. The dinner was nice. We met at 103 East Market, which was a nice set up. Penny and I took our plates to what I thought was a back room and sat down. For some reason, I looked up and only then realized that we were outdoors, on an enclosed patio. (Jack?) Johnson sat with us, and I had a nice chat with him.

In the pool, I kept it simple. I did a straight 2,400 yard swim. Believe it or not, that is my biggest one in a while, weeks, maybe a month or two. My shoulder felt real nice, which is I hope a harbinger of things to come. I miss training. No, I am not training in the water now. I am swimming a little, but not training. 

Behind every fat man is an enabling,
snarling woman.

But I ran, however, before I swam. I met BK at the linear park, and we did that three-mile thing. I was slower than the last time we did this, having gained a pound of weight and run 6.51 miles Monday. I asked her afterwards-- huffing and puffing-- not to let me have anymore candy. She keeps candy in her office, and I stop by a few times per day for a handful at a time. It is time for me to get serious about the weight. It's not just a performance thing. It's not just an aesthetic thing. It's a health thing. I know I don't look much overweight, but I am not designed by God to carry much weight, and with my genetics, I must take care of myself.

God help me to have the will to push the plate back and dropped a few pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment