Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Off? Not on Your Life

I am supposed to be off this week, but the administration at work has been lying awake at night figuring ways to make us work all the time. I just finished an hour or so of work, and have people waiting on me to do stuff. So much for being off. 

Monday, besides working on my day off, I took my truck to the shop, left it there, and walked home. Then after lunch, I went to Plate City for some pushing. On the bench I pressed

  17 X 50
  10 X 72
  6 X 105
  3 X 130
  3 X 140
  3 X 140
  3 X 140
  3 X 140

The I did two sets of close grip incline bench presses with 100 pounds. Added to that was some seated dips and corator tuff stuff. Then it was off to the pool.

At the pool, my shoulder felt better than ever. I swam a straight 2,500 yards. The pace, however, was mediocre at 2:00 per 100. Still, not a bad start for what I hope will be a banner week.

On the road, I shuffled 3.16 miles. I have been hoping to run to Hillbilly Heaven Thanksgiving Day, but the weather forecast is not looking favorable right now with rain and cold weather predicted. Plus, Friday will be difficult to get anything more than a mile or two of shuffling in a parking lot. That is the day I chauffer my girls to and around Jackson. I love this day and look forward to it with eagerness.

So to make a short story long, I did three workouts and other stuff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment